Saturday, November 28, 2009

Alright… Salam AidilAdha to muslims worldwide… though it may be a LIIIITttle bit late I would like to extend my wish anyways… INSIGHTFUL.. is one word I would like to use for this celebration….

I.A.I.N.

….means Institusi Agama Islam Negeri…. Or so I think…. They invited us UNAIRians to help them slaughter their 13 lambs….Sadly less than 20 out of us 100++ students came. If they held a dinner at a Hotel I am sure we would dress up nicely and rush as fast as we could. FORGIVE US FOR BEING SOO HUMAN. Sure enuf when we came the slaughtering had been done… All we had to do was sort our meat from bone…. MY FIRST EXPERIENCE… and to prove that point, I cut my fingers twice…. Haha… Shitty internet connections would not allow me to upload pictures. So maybe next time I will make an entry just full of photos….

Good food and friends (new friends) made the day more meaningful. Lamb Curry, lamb satay and everything lamb was there for the eating… nice..

As the day ended, there came an advice from one of the brothers there… though I heard this many times, that day it touched my heart in a very different perspective…

DALAM SEKALIAN UMAT ISLAM YANG ADA PADA HARI INI, ALLAH (s.w.t) TELAH MEMILIH KAMU UNTUK BERADA DI MAJLIS YANG PENUH RAHMAT INI, MENJALANI PERINTAHNYA DAN BERBUAT AMAL… INGAT, ALLAH YANG MEMILIH KAMU….

Of all the people in this world today Allah (s.w.t) has chosen you to be in this blessed gathering to do His bidding and do goodness… remember Allah chose you…

I could have slept the whole day that day, I could have spent my day at the mall… yet, I was there…. Allah is after all Almighty….

End note: the call from home really makes me miss it… then again… this is MY sacrifice….

No comments: